Monday 6 April 2009

Diary Entry

This was a real week of Pesach preparation - but it was an exciting week in other ways as well.

Wednesday: The Tribe Club in Muswell Hill put together a wonderful Pesach show, with arts and crafts, and acting coming together to give a real Pesach experience. The staff put so much effort into giving our children a wonderful experience on a Wednesday afternoon - I know for one that my daughter Hodaya looks forward greatly to Tribe Club. So if you haven't tried it out yet, come along and see what fun it can be for your children, in a safe, and Jewish environment. I am there every week and eat with the children - and always teach them a nugget of knowledge over Pizza!

Thursday: I gave my last Talmud class for two weeks so that we can break for Pesach. I love teaching the Talmud class - lots of job satisfaction there! After all, that is what I was learning for seven years while in yeshiva - and many more years before as well! Watch out for an Adult Education programme that I am putting together in June - what I would like to start with this is the creation of a learning evening in Muswell Hill on Tuesday nights. So Tuesday night would be the evening in the week where there is either a session of a short course, or a series of classes by myself - you won't have to commit every week, but it will give you a spiritual dimension to your week!

Shabbat: This was a very special Shabbat for me - and not just because I layened haftara for Shabbat HaGadol. But because we successfully launched MHY Space, the Muswell Hill Youth Service. Over 25 teenagers came and did all the layening and davening, with some wonderful Torah insights from two of the girls, on Pesach and on the weekly portion. This was topped off by a kiddush of chocolate, marshmallows and Daniel's best! I was really proud that so many turned up, and received some wonderful feedback that the children felt comfortable in Shul in the informal atmosphere that we created. We had a great warden, and some of the adults were really helpful in making it a success. I am already planning the next one!

Sunday: What a day! I officiated at the stonesetting for the late Mrs Millie Gould in the morning. Millie had been a member many years ago before moving to Brighton after her husband passed on. I then officiated at a wedding in the afternoon of a couple who have joined our Synagogue. One of my Facebook friends commented that I should make sure that I do not switch round the speeches...or that I make sure that I do not become Hugh Grant.
Sunday continued with scrubbing, cleaning, hoovering and more in our kitchen so it was a late one last night.

The next time I am writing will be after the first days of Pesach - I do hope you enjoy them and I look forward to seeing you in Shul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rabbi Mason,
can i email you my Chametz sale form?

Adam